Look up at the menu bar. See that new tab? The one that says “Election 2013“?
Over the next few weeks, we will be using that tab as your constantly-updated portal to all kinds of election goodies to help you get informed and involved in Edmonton’s municipal election.
We asked you, “What would you ask the City of Edmonton election candidates?“, and curated your responses from Facebook and Twitter to create the following questionnaire. (Thanks to everyone who submitted questions!) We will post candidates’ unedited replies to these questions in Q-and-A format as they are received:
1. In the context of our City’s growth, how will you support the development of existing communities as opposed to new neighbourhoods?
2. How will you support independent locally-owned businesses in Edmonton?
3. How will you support local food and urban agriculture in Edmonton?
4. How will you address Indigenous Edmontonians’ history and needs?
5. How do you envision the public transit system evolution?
6. What will you do to better engage post-secondary research / students / faculty with the rest of the community?
7. For candidates for councillor only: What is the biggest challenge your Ward faces? What solutions would you seek?
8. How can our readers learn more about your platform, contact you with questions or concerns, or get involved in your campaign?
We sent out our questionnaire last night. We can’t wait to share the answers with you.
We also have a series of guest posts about issues related to the election and ways you can get involved, and a resource list that links to all the other brilliant people and organizations who are providing indispensable election coverage and candidate questionnaires.