The Local Good is always looking for new people to help us with our mission to build a more sustainable and resilient Edmonton. Here are a few of the projects and ongoing efforts you can get involved with:
- Green Drinks: Help us plan and promote our networking and learning series
- Blog: Use your writing and editing skills to help us showcase people, projects and businesses we love
- Social Media: Build our online communities, share stories about sustainability and climate change, and master your favourite social channels
- Events Calendar: Publish local happenings to our website so our community can keep up with all the great stuff going on in Edmonton
- Finance and Fundraising: Help our Treasurer manage the TLG budget and research and write grants so we can thrive as an organization
- Special Projects and Events: We often come up with new initiatives based on emerging community needs and interests. Examples include “Cash Mob” actions where we rally people to spend money at a struggling business or neighbourhood, tree planting events and, coming up in May 2020, a collective response to the COVID-19 crisis.
Special Project in Focus: COVID-19 Community Support
The Local Good is building on the past success of our Cash Mob events (which focus collective spending power on local businesses that need support) and our 31 Days of YEG campaign (which highlights a different aspect of Edmonton’s awesomeness every day for a month) to uplift those most affected by the COVID-19 crisis. Throughout the month of May, we’ll be rallying our community to help out our small, local and community-minded businesses as well as the non profit sector during the unprecedented economic and social challenges of this global pandemic.
We’ll need writers, social media folks and enthusiastic volunteers of all kinds to make this project a success. Want to help? Fill out the form below to let us know!