What is the role?
To help The Local Good move slowly and steadily towards financial self-sufficiency. This would largely be based around an annual, live fundraiser held in early December and following up with those who’ve pledged to give as well as finding and applying for any grants that might be available. This is, ideally, a two-year commitment beginning in June 2017 until May of 2019. The workload will be light in June/July and will increase significantly in Fall/Winter.
Why this role matters:
To ensure financial stability, team compensation and continued community programming. It’s also one of the most important roles for building meaningful, ongoing relationships with our core community.
- organize our Raising the Good fundraising event including the following details (venue, volunteers, table captains etc)
- create systems that ensure all payments committed are tracked and collected
- integrate the Benevon model more deeply into The Local Good’s systems and structures
- follow up on leads on other funding sources (e.g. municipal, provincial, foundations etc.)
- follow up with Raising the Good donors (i.e. making sure pledged payments happen)
You might be a perfect fit if…
- you love the work of The Local Good
- you are an Excel spreadsheet nerd (and if you have a penchant for book keeping? Swoon).
- you’ve got a laptop and wifi at home
- you’re great at event organizing and volunteer management
- you know the ins and outs of Google Drive, Eventbrite and Facebook
- you have a personal interest in learning a grassroots model of fundraising (maybe for your own amazing initiative down the road?)
- you have some experience in grant research and writing grant applications and writing or are interested to learn
- you are a team player
- you’ve got great written and in-person communication skills
- you have some experience in fundraisers and marketing
Measures of Success:
- amount of money raised in immediate (day-of fundraiser) and on-going donations
- number of people at the Raising the Good event
- ratio of those brought by table captains to general admission
- event being shared on social and broadcast media by key local hubs
[gravityform id=”22″ title=”true” description=”true”]