Green Drinks Edmonton is a long-running series of informal networking events for people interested in living sustainably, supporting the local economy and making positive change in the world.
Next Green Drinks event
When: Wednesday, September 11, 7 pm – 10 pm
Where: Yellowhead Brewery
If you’re anything like us, your concern about the climate crisis has reached an all-time high. We’ve heard the IPCC’s dire warnings that we must act the most in the next 18 months to avoid catastrophic warming. We are smashing temperature records, permafrost is thawing faster than expected, and the waters are rising.
Our first Green Drinks of the 2019 – 2020 season is all about turning your climate anxiety and angst into action. We’ll connect you with the awesome people and groups organizing in Edmonton to solve the climate crisis and create a livable future. Find out what they’re doing, learn how to help, and join the movement!
- Melanie Hoffman, Climate Reality Project
- Erin Armstrong, Extinction Rebellion Edmonton
- Alison McIntosh, Climate Justice Edmonton
There will be several more organizations to connect with in a volunteering tradeshow! Stay tuned for details as we confirm.
Tickets: $15 in advance (purchase here) or $20 at the door
About this Green Drinks season
For the first time ever, Green Drinks has a season-long theme: Climate Emergency. We will explore the many different aspects of the crisis and the just as many ways we can do something about it. Events will touch on everything from politics and policy, to the role cities can play, to economic and energy transition, to dealing with climate despair. Whatever the topic or format, this season’s Green Drinks events will help you connect with other people who care deeply about climate action and want to collaborate, share ideas, and make a real difference.
- Join the Green Drinks Facebook group.
- Read blog posts about past and upcoming Green Drinks events.
- Twitter hashtag: #GreenDrinksYEG
- Green Drinks Edmonton is part of the Green Drinks International movement, organized in Edmonton by The Local Good.
Past Green Drinks Events
- Oct 2nd 2013 – Municipal Election
- Nov 6th 2013 – What’s Missing in Edmonton?
- Dec 4th 2013 – The Local Good’s Sixth Anniversary
- Feb 5th 2014 – Alternative Energy and Sustainable Homes
- March 5th 2014 – Local Food
- April 2nd 2014 – Local Literature
- May 7th 2014 – Good Business
- May 31st 2014 – Good 100 Party
- Oct 1st, 2014 – Good Jobs
- October 22, 2014 – Campus Meets Community (cohosted by Sustain SU at the University of Alberta)
- November 5, 2014 – Shop Local
- February 4, 2015 – Local Resilience
- March 4, 2015 – Local Food DIY
- April 1, 2015 – Greening Your Closet
- May 6, 2015 – Edmonton’s Hidden Gems
- October 7th, 2015 – Election 2015: Meet Your Candidates
- October 21st, 2015 – Green Drinks on Campus (cohosted by Sustain SU at the University of Alberta)
- November 4th, 2015 – Greening Your Home
- February 4th, 2016 – Winter In YEG
- March 2nd, 2016 – Local Food
- April 6th, 2016 – Local Resilience
- May 4th, 2016 – Made In YEG
- September 7th, 2016 – Sustainability On Campus
- February 1st, 2017 – Habitat
- March 1st, 2017 – Green Economy
- April 5th, 2017 – Farm to Fork
- October 5, 2017 – #yegvotes
- November 1, 2017 – Local Art
- February 7, 2018 – Good Allies
- March 7, 2018 – YEG Climate
- April 4, 2018 – YEG Food
- May 2, 2018 – YEG Drinks
- August 2018 – Green Drinks Garden Party
- September 2018 – Climate Change
- October 2018 – YEG Stories
- November 2018 – YEG Allies
- February 6, 2019 – Reconciliation