So, here we are approaching the final 48 hours of the election.
If you haven’t gotten involved in anyone’s campaigns yet – you’d better believe they would all be thrilled to get even an hour of your time in this final weekend.
Here are 10 things you can do.
- Most Important: Vote for them on October 21st.
- Go door knocking for your candidate. If door knocking and talking to people feels intimidating, know dropping off flyers is still a huge, huge help.
- Volunteer for them otherwise. They all need help right now.
- Spread your candidate’s promo materials on social media. Tweet them. Post to facebook. Make it known who you support.
- Write a blog post about your favourite candidate and why you’re supporting them
- Write a facebook note and tag your most influential friends who you want to make sure get out to vote.
- Get a lawn sign.
- Text your friends a reminder to get out and vote. Make this the one mass text you send all year.
- Drag your friends out to vote. Pick them up in your car. Be a shuttle service. Get them out to the polls.
- Read up on the candidates in your ward and make an informed choice: https://thelocalgood.ca/election-2013/